The Environmental Health Department provides the following services:
- Septic tank permits for new installations and existing systems as well as repair of failing systems.
- Well permits for installation of new wells.
- Water sampling for bacterial and chemical analysis.
- Permits and inspections for facilities which provide food or lodging to the public (ex: restaurants, hotels).
- Permits and inspections of public swimming pools.
- Permits for tattoo facilities.
- Food and Lodging Inspections
- Vector control activities
- Lead poisoning investigations
These services are provided by the Food & Lodging section and the Water & Sewage section. Click here for a current listing of fees.
Environmental Health can be reached by phone at: (910) 296-2126