The laboratory provides and ensures the provision of quality-assured services. All functions of the laboratory are regulated by the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments of 1988. The laboratory’s operation is under the direction of the North Carolina State Laboratory of Public Health.
Lab services consist of:
- Clinical tests that are performed to aid in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases and conditions.
- Clinical tests that are performed to monitor the response to treatment.
- Clinical tests that are performed to screen for asymptomatic disease and conditions.
- Performance of lab tests with a medical order at a reduced rate.
Safety & Quality Assurance
An assurance is maintained for the safety of staff, clients, and the general public regarding specimen collection, laboratory operations, and the disposal of wastes.
- All fees for services will be in accordance with the Duplin County Health Department policy for charging fees for services.
- The sliding fee scale is based on income.
- Please bring a recent pay stub or other documentation to determine eligibility for the sliding fee scale.
- Payment of the fees is required prior to testing.
Call 910-296-2130 for appointment or for information on lab testing fees.
Links: NC State Laboratory of Public Health http://www.schs.dph.ncdhhs.gov