Who is eligible for vaccine?
Vaccine available for anyone 12 years or older.
Vaccination Events/Appointments (Duplin County area)
DCHD administers COVID vaccines at our clinic on Wednesdays from 1PM-4PM and Fridays from 8:30AM-11:30AM. No appointment, ID, or insurance necessary.
We can do community or jobsite events if interested. Call 910-296-2130 option 5 to speak to someone about doing an event out in the community or job site.
You can also check with Vidant Health, CommWell Health, or local Pharmacies for vaccine availability.
COVID Vaccine FAQs
Q1: Which vaccine is Duplin County Health Department (DCHD) administering?
- A: Moderna– 18 years or older & Pfizer – 12 years or older
Q2: When or how can I get the COVID vaccine?
- A: Moderna vaccine- Wednesdays from 1pm-4pm and Fridays from 8:30am-11:30am at DCHD (NO appointment necessary) .Call 910-296-2130 option 5 to speak to someone about Pfizer appointments or for any other questions. Continue to monitor our Facebook page for weekly updates/schedules.
Q3: What if I have a reaction to the COVID-19 vaccine?
- A: We monitor patients for 15 to 30 minutes after they receive their vaccine to observe any reactions. Health professionals are also on site incase of an emergency.
Q4: If I have tested positive for COVID-19 can I still receive the vaccine?
- A: Yes, as long as it has been more than two weeks since you tested positive, are no longer symptomatic, and are released from quarantine/isolation.
Q5: If I have been exposed to COVID-19 can I get the vaccine?
- A: Yes, if it has been more than two weeks since your last exposure, you have been released from isolation/quarantine, and you are not having symptoms.
Q6: I received my first vaccine dose with DCHD when will I receive the second dose?
- A: DCHD strategically schedules second dose appointments according to the date of the first dose. We will call you to schedule your second dose or give you an appointment card when you receive your first dose.
Q7: Where do I receive my second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine?
- A: You should receive an appointment card or receive a call letting you know when and where you will get your second dose.
Q8: Can I get my second dose with DCHD if I received my first dose elsewhere?
- A: Yes, please have your vaccination card available.
Q9: What group do I belong in to get the vaccine?
- A: Check https://covid19.ncdhhs.gov/vaccines to see which group you fall under, and continue to monitor our Facebook page to see when we start to vaccinate your group.
General Information on COVID-19 Vaccines – Your best shot against COVID-19
Frequently Asked Questions About COVID-19 Vaccines