Winter Heating Safety
BE WARM AND SAFE THIS WINTER!
Did you know that heating equipment is one of the leading causes of home fire deaths?
- Keep anything that can burn at least 3 feet away from heating equipment.
- Never use your oven to heat your home.
- Remember to turn off portable heaters when leaving the room or going to bed.
- Install and maintain a carbon monoxide (CO) alarm.
- Make sure all fuel burning equipment is vented to the outside to prevent CO poisoning.
- Keep portable generators outside and as far away as possible from house and windows.
- Plug only 1 heat producing appliance (space heater) into an electrical outlet.
For information visit https://usfa.fema.gov/winter